Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Moonset!

I think this is the second time in my life, both of them here in Dunedin, where I have actually watched the moon set! I woke up at 6am to this "spotlight" streaming into my bedroom. Then I realized it was the moon! I went downstairs, got a cup of tea and my camera, wrapped up in an afghan and sat outside watching a beautiful gift from God on a Sunday morning! I have attached a picture but, of course, it does not do it justice...

Moonset at 6:30am Sunday Jan 8, 2012

The sunsets are also incredible!


Today is our last day here. We are planning on leaving for Atlanta in the early morning. I am ready except for last minute things. The plan was to sit in the sun and read until it was time to leave for Noushy's. They've invited us for kebabs with Jean and Irene' tonight at 5pm. However, Nasser finally called the landscaping guys (for this I am grateful!) and they have begun the work...today!! I hope they will quit soon so I can sit outside without the loud noise, etc.

Last night we went to Lucky Dill with Mehrdad and Noushy for the world-famous Reuben sandwich. Had to have our "fix" before we went back north.

The day before that, Noushy and I met at Panera Bread for lunch and had a nice long talk. We were originally going to go into Tarpon Springs, which is about 7 miles from here, to eat and walk around the shops. The area is kind of quaint in that it is highly populated with Greeks. This particular day they were celebrating a Greek Orthodox religious holiday (an epiphany, or something) so the streets were blocked off, no parking, crowds...figures.


No comments:

Post a Comment