Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Quickie Update

It has been a little difficult getting back into my routine here. I've been tired but I'm glad to be sleeping pretty well at night. I have gone to the gym twice since getting home. I really enjoy dancing with the Zumba class. Yesterday, we learned that a close friend of Nasser's passed away in Iran. Dr. Tashayod was pretty healthy as far as we knew. I guess he had a heart attack then went into a coma (not sure). Nasser would spend time with him while in Iran; they were classmates in medical school so they've known each other a long time. I met him once, right after we got married and made the trip to Iran. This makes 3 deaths in close succession: Homa (Nasser's sister) on 11-29-11; Ben Compani's (our friend and accountant) mother about that same time; and now Nasser's friend just a few days ago. I was thinking that it is very difficult to get old...you have to be brave...but what makes it even worse is that all of your friends and loved ones pass away and it can get very lonely...Elderly people surely do deserve our respect.

2 comments:

  1. Love the regular updates. I need to blog more often. So fun to hear about what's going on in GA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Val! I love you!!! BTW, I had a visitor from DAKAR! Who in the world...?

    ReplyDelete